Sunday 3 March 2013

Yup. I didn't finish it.

Were you expecting much from me? I went to see a film with an old friend and when I got back home, my flatmates were going out to play pool. It was a chance for actual human interaction, it doesn't happen that often.

So yeah, I haven't finished Uncommon Criminals yet. I PLAN TO FINISH IT THOUGH. I will be reading it and reviewing it later on in the month. Basically Uni comes first and then sometimes when I really need to go out and just relax from Uni work, books are left. Yeah, I'm sorry I'm a bad bookworm.

This month's theme is now up on Once A Month Book Club, and the theme is a book that has been turned into a film/tv series. And I have loads of these. Seriously, I have so many. However, I decided to pick up a book I wouldn't usually read, and that I'm excited for the film. And that is:


 Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell

Goodreads Summary: A reluctant voyager crossing the Pacific in 1850; a disinherited composer blagging a precarious livelihood in between-the-wars Belgium; a high-minded journalist in Governor Reagan’s California; a vanity publisher fleeing his gangland creditors; a genetically modified “dinery server” on death-row; and Zachry, a young Pacific Islander witnessing the nightfall of science and civilisation—the narrators of Cloud Atlas hear each other’s echoes down the corridor of history, and their destinies are changed in ways great and small.

In his captivating third novel, David Mitchell erases the boundaries of language, genre and time to offer a meditation on humanity’s dangerous will to power, and where it may lead us.


Now, since buying this book, I've been told by a fair few people that it's hard to read. However I'm determined to read it. So I've decided if I read 20 or so pages a night and leave it at that, then I can probably get through it.

As always if I finish it I will try to post a review on here, and I'll try to do a few updates throughout the week. If you'd like to participate let me know below what you'd want to read, or go visit the blog and tell us there. We also have a Goodreads bookclub up too! There's no excuse for you not to join one of them. Go on. It's not crazy pressure, it's a lot easier than you'd expect. We don't bite promise!

If you've read Cloud Atlas let me know, tell me what you thought too I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment