Sunday 17 February 2013

Book Club Update

Okay, so I said I was going to reread Perks of Being a Wallflower for this months book, but in truth, I decided that it was probably more worth while if I read a completely new book. So instead, I'm now reading Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter instead. This is book two in the Heist Society series, and I enjoyed the first one and thought it would be a quick read.

The trouble is, I have a lot of work to do for all my classes this semester, so I'm reading a lot of stuff and doing a lot of work each week. It kinda eats into my reading/reviewing time. However, I'm going to try to get some done, at least a few chapters a night.

So right now I'm onto Chapter 4 (page 17), and I'm going to do a little update on what I'm thinking about it.

So far it's very simple, Kat is finding herself with a reputation, there's a bit of sexual tension between her and Hale (come on you knew from reading book one it was there, that's not a spoiler) and she's up to her old tricks again. All I can think is 'if she tried her hardest to get out of this world, why has she gone back so quickly?' but you know. There's a saying about new tricks and an old dog or something like that.

It's a quick fun read. Plus, I'm really into the whole heist genre right now (I watched the Ocean's Trilogy the other day, so not good for my learning, but really good for certain muse).

If you have any good heist books that you think I'd enjoy, let me know, until then, I'm going to go back to reading. I will update at Chapter 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment