Sunday 8 April 2012

Book Challenge Update (March Books)

Okay! So, I have done pretty well last month for my book challenge, not great, but it could have been worse. I am going to lay out the categories I have read books for, and then write a brief summary of the books and all of that.

Number of books read: 8

Categories completed: 2
To Be Read
Kindle Books

Categories not completed but started: 3
Bookclub Frenzy Month 1
Rereads
Golden Oldies

Books read:
Grave Witch by Kalayna Price
Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder
Sea Glass by Maria V. Snyder
Spy Glass by Maria V. Snyder
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
The Culling by J.C. Andrijeski

Summaries:

Grave Witch: This was a good interesting start of a book, very much followed the structure for a paranormal investigation style adult novel, but it was a good book to read, I enjoyed it.

Storm Glass: This was a reread, I wanted to read it before I read the second and third one. Still don't like the series as much as I enjoyed the Study Series.

Sea Glass: I really didn't enjoy this book, it was boring and suffered from 'middle book syndrome'. It didn't really hold my attention well.

Spy Glass: This one was ten times better than Sea Glass, this was my favourite of the series.

The Hunger Games: Had to reread it for the film coming out, do I need to explain how awesome it was?

Catching Fire: Again rereading for the movie.

Death of a Salesman: This was a class book, American Literature, I'm not a fan of the play.

The Culling: Far too short, seemed like it was literally just a first few chapters, so yeah.

That was it for March, I'm slowly slowly slowly getting out of my reading lull, hopefully I'll be reading more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment