Saturday 13 August 2011

What I Read (May, June, July)

Okay, I apparently suck at posting reviews and stuff, but right now I'm rereading a series to get to the next book, and I don't want to post a review on something I've already read, so the reviews will not be going up very often right now (I'm sorry! I swear soon I will write up a review and post it!)

But until then I thought I'd do a list of books I read in the past few months to post something up here. So I'm gonna do a list of May, June and July, then post one for August after August and do it a monthly thing, possibly in video form. But anyway on with the books! I might write up ten word reviews next to it maybe? I dunno. Anywho!

May!


Sunshine by Robin McKinley - Awesome take on vampires, unique and real page turner.
Virals by Kathy Reichs- Really fantastic book, easier to read than her adult series.
Naked in Death by J.D. Robb- Amazing futuristic crime novel with really rounded characters.
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare- Best from the series so far, loved it!
Black Wings by Christina Henry- Blurb made it look better, but could have been worse.
Feed by Mira Grant- Possibly my favourite read this year.

June!


Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard- Didn't enjoy it, but don't usually read books like this.
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins- Good book, slightly predictable, but enjoyable read.
Moon Called by Patricia Briggs- Awesome start to the series, excited to read the rest.
White Cat by Holly Black- Not as good as I expected, but enjoyable.
Oceans of Blood by Darren Shan- This series beats the first series.
TimeRiders by Alex Scarrow- Chapters were too long and too jumpy.
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare- Was scared to read it, loved it.
Glory in Death by J.D. Robb- Awesome sequel, love this series.
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini- Good, not best demi god series, but good.
Storm Front by Jim Butcher- Not my favourite book.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling- Do I have to say anything?
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K Rowling- See above.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling- See above.

July!

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K Rowling- See above.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling- See above.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling- See above.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling- See above.
The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney- Nice book to read after mass reading Harry Potter.
Devilish by Maureen Johnson- Cute but creepy, very awesome.

So as you can see I've had a lot of reading...basically I've been off for months and reading is enjoyable right now, so this is a very long list (I honestly don't know how I read so much in June!)

But yeah, if you want a review on any of the books above that I haven't done a review of, please comment and I'll try to get one up asap!

Thanks for reading! x

No comments:

Post a Comment