Sunday 5 June 2011

Books I Love (1)

So, I want to start to write more on this blog, so this is an idea that is just a silly idea to write up a quick post of books I'm loving right now or have loved in the past.

Looking for Alaska by John Green

I love this book (though the new UK cover is horrible, I love the simplicity of this cover). It's one of those books that makes you think about things, but not only that, it has some extremely amazing laughs and some really powerful messages. It's really the first book that I began to read and realise that I actually liked books that didn't include magic or fantasy elements. Fantastic book.

   Feed by Mira Grant

I just read this book recently and I think that it's one of those books that you come to because you saw it and it looked interesting, but you didn't expect much. It is a zombie book, but to be honest, it's more about politics and new age media so you stay away from all of the zombies a lot. I think any blogger should read it, just to see what it's about and read something that is promoting blogging and new media as something fantastic and becoming a lot bigger.

     Stolen by Kelley Armstrong

I've put this one, because I find that a lot of bloggers talk about Kelley Armstrong's YA series, which is amazing, but she does have an adult series out that follows the same style as her YA series, and she has an assassin two parter. Stolen is very similar to The Darkest Powers series so I think that a lot of people should try to read it. Bitten and Stolen are the first two (and granted the only two I've read of the series though I have the next two which I need to read) and they are amazing, with fantastic characters.

So I'll do another one of these next month or something, but until then happy reading!

Thanks for reading guys x

No comments:

Post a Comment